What is Changing?
If your LinkedIn and Facebook Profile accounts are setup under "Viewing As Company", content added from "Viewing as Company" will only post to the pages and groups associated with that profile account, not the profile itself.
There are different types of accounts on Facebook - Profiles, Pages, Groups - for example:
FB Profile: https://facebook.com/haleysmith
FB Page: https://facebook.com/HaleyMarketing
FB Group: https://facebook.com/StaffingMarketers
What will happen after NetSocial 2.2 is released?
- Past deliveries for posts made to LinkedIn Profile accounts and Facebook Profile accounts as a result of these accounts being setup under the Company View vs the Viewing as Myself view will remain posted.
- Any post that is scheduled to go out to LinkedIn Profile accounts and Facebook Profile accounts as a result of these accounts being setup under the Company View will be deleted and will not be delivered.
- LinkedIn Profile accounts and Facebook Profile accounts that were setup under the Company View:
- Will be unsubscribed from Channels
- Will not be deleted from the Company View as these may still be needed to post to pages and groups that the profile account is an administrator for.
- No content will be posted to them.
Why is this change being made?
There has been some confusion when Adminstrators who have setup their Profile with personal accounts under the Company View receive emails saying "your content is ready to post" when content for the company Pages and Groups are added to NetSocial.
What do I need to do?
- Add Profile (Personal) Facebook and LinkedIn Accounts in NetSocial while in the "Viewing as Myself" view at the top of the page.
- While in "Viewing as Myself" view, re-subscribe to any of your channels.
What does this notification mean?
We added sharing to Instagram Business accounts a few releases ago (v2.0) which is automated with Facebook's API.
This change to automated Instagram posting will eliminate the extra work of having to open the Instagram app, but requires that your Instagram is a business account.
Adding Social Accounts and Subscribing to Channels
How to Connect Your Instagram Business Account to NetSocial
Facebook: Set Up a Business Account on Instagram
Article is closed for comments.