Disable comments for all blog posts
- Log into WordPress using your username and password at http://siteurl.com/wp-manager
- On the left navigation click on Settings: Discussion
- You will now see different options for allowing and approving comments
- Under Default Article Settings there is a box that is checked for Allow people to post comments on new articles. If you would like to disable this for all blog posts, simply uncheck this box and scroll to the bottom where it says Save Changes.
Allow/disable comments for specific blog posts
- Back on the left navigation in WordPress, Click on Posts. This will take you to a page that lists all your blog posts to date.
- When you put your mouse on an article it will give you options. If you click Quick Edit it will open a mini edit section.
- On the right, you will see an area that says Allow Comments. Uncheck this box and click Update and comments will not be allowed for that specific blog post.