If you are looking to add a new user in WordPress, you can find instructions here.
If you would like to update an existing user's role in WordPress, and you are an administrator on your website, you can do so with the below instructions.
- Log into the Admin area of your website, for example: https://yourcompany.com/wp-admin/
- Select Users from the left sidebar then go to All Users
- Find the User you would like to update, hover over their name and click Edit:
- Under the Username, you can select a new role:
Below, you can find a list of the role descriptions. Please assign roles carefully:
* Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features
* Editor - Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users' posts, etc.
* Author - Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
* Contributor - Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
* Subscriber - Somebody who can only manage their profile
- Once you're all set, click Update User at the bottom of the screen: