The prequal form is a form that comes before the application that can qualify or disqualify someone from filling out your job board application based on your pre-determined questions - examples: Have you applied with us before? or Are you willing to take a drug test? or Are you at least 18 years of age?
To set up a prequal:
- Login to myHaley and click on "Job Boards">"Prequal Forms" in the left sidebar.
- On this screen, you'll see all prequals already set up, if any. If you're setting up a new one, click "add" in the left sidebar.
- Next step is to create the prequal - fill out the fields on the page that looks like the image below:
LABEL - Add the name of the prequal - if you'll be using one prequal for all jobs, you can name it something like "Default". If you plan to set up different pre-quals for different jobs, name it something you'll recognize when adding it to a job.*
DESCRIPTION - Text displayed at the top of your prequal. Example: "Please answer the following questions to be considered for placement."
FAILURE MESSAGE - Text displayed when a prequal is failed. Example: "Based on your answers, you do not qualify for placement at this time." or "We cannot accept your application; please contact our office if you have questions."
(On this screen, you can also choose to track failures by checking the box below the failure message. An email notification will be sent to the default job board owner when someone fails your prequal.)
- Click the "Add a new prequal" button to save.
To add questions to your prequal:
- The next step is to add the questions. The questions are yes/no questions, where either yes or no will disqualify the candidate from moving on to your application. Click on the prequal you'd like to edit and click the "Add another question" button as shown below. Some examples of questions:
- "Do you have reliable transportation?"
- "Have you worked with our company in the past year?"
- "Do you have the legal right to work in the U.S.?"
- "Do you have 5+ years of experience in [this particular field]?
- Once you enter a question, next you will determine if a specific answer will disqualify a candidate from applying. In this example, a "No" answer to "Do you have reliable transportation?" will disqualify a candidate. You can also make "Yes" a disqualifier, or allow the candidate to move on regardless of the answer.
- If you want additional questions, click the "add questions" button again. When done, click "Save Questions".
- At any time you can edit the prequal base settings (see #3 above) by clicking the "EDIT SETTINGS" button at the top of the page.
Add the prequal to jobs:
- Now that you have a prequal form set up, you can add it to your jobs in a couple ways. You can set it to load for every job, or you can assign it to specific jobs by editing the settings of the job.
- TO SET THE DEFAULT PREQUAL for ALL JOBS: Go to "Job Boards">"Settings">"Applications" in the left sidebar and choose your prequal in the drop down field called "Default Prequalification Form".
- TO SET A PREQUAL FOR A SPECIFIC JOB: Go to "Job Boards">"Manage Jobs" and locate the job you wish to edit. Once on the edit job screen, find the field called "Prequalification Form" and choose the prequal from the drop down.
- Once you have set up and enabled the prequal for one or more jobs, it will appear prior to the application when someone applies for a job on your job board. Here's what it will look like when someone clicks Apply:
And here's what it looks like when someone fails one or more disqualifying prequal questions:
As always, if you have any questions about the prequal process, or any other feature of your Haley job board, please visit HelpMe Haley to browse our knowledgebase, or submit a support ticket.
*If your job board is integrated with an ATS, you may not be able to use this feature. Contact our support desk for more information about your specific job board integration.