NetSocial Release 2.2.3 (5/31/2022)
- Fixed issue preventing the editing of posts with media attached. This will NOT affect previously posted content. If you need a previously posted piece of content edited, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any changes.
- Instagram content no posting? Instagram errors are now going to be more descriptive.
NetSocial Release 2.2.2 (5/19/2022)
Added an option to load more accounts on the Social Accounts page in the “Manage Pages and Groups” modal for accounts with pages and groups. This resolves the account loading time out issue in NetSocial for users with access to 50+ pages and groups.
NetSocial Release 2.2.1 (5/2/2022)
What’s New in 2.2.1?
When you share to LinkedIn with a link and an image, the image will now display as the thumbnail.
Page header icons are now hidden when the hamburger menu icon is visible.
The "Manage Posts" page has been renamed the "Manage Drafts" page.
You can now schedule a post with fewer clicks with the sharing options button, and the the current time is now displayed on the date time picker.
Redesigned the informational banner on the dashboard page.
Redesigned the Social Accounts, User Management and Team Management pages.
We now track bugs to specific NetSocial version releases.
Fixed an issue where users were unable to select certain times for custom time posts.
Improved error handling for loading the Manage Channels page, loading the information banner, Scheduled Posts page in calendar view, and expired login links.
Resolved an error occurring when loading and switching social media accounts on the Scheduled page.
Added fix for the NetSocial admin sync where improperly formatted street addresses were causing the client sync to fail.
Resolved a bug in date time conversion on the Scheduled page.
Added fix on the Social Accounts page. For some users, the loading spinner was not dismissing after redirecting back to NetSocial from connecting a social media account.
NetSocial Release 2.2.05 (4/21/2022)
- Resolved issue of “Invite Members or Teams” field not working. Users can now search and select teams and team members!
- Added fix for deleted pages and groups not displaying on Social Accounts page when added back to NetSocial.
- Added fix for Instagram text displaying correctly in NetSocial, but not in Instagram.
NetSocial Release 2.2 (4/13/2022)
Users can now create video posts with:
LinkedIn profiles, pages, and groups
Instagram business accounts
Facebook pages and groups
Creating a video post will be similar to creating a post with an image attachment! In the “Create Post” modal, click “Add Media” and select “From File”. Currently we do not support video links. Videos need to be added as attachments.
We are using a 3rd party plugin for Facebook profile manual posting, which does not currently offer video posting.
Improved Posting Dialog
We improved the look and feel of the “Create Post” popup modal by consolidating functions into drop down buttons.
Improved Notifications for Disconnected Account
Modified the Account Disconnect Notification recipients for company owned accounts with an expired connection. If you reconnect or add your account in company view after v2.2 release, disconnect notifications will only be sent to the user who added or reconnected that account. If you have existing accounts added under company view and you would only like yourself to receive those notifications, you need to reconnect the account. If you do not reconnect, all admins will receive disconnect notifications. See this article for reconnecting accounts to NetSocial.
Discontinued Manual Posting to Instagram Accounts
We have automated posting to Instagram business accounts instead of the previous manual posting method. Please see this help article on how to add an Instagram business account. You will still see Instagram manual-posting accounts you have previously added under the Social Accounts page. This is because we have kept your delivered posts data for this account. You can still choose to delete the manual-posting Instagram account if you would like.
Discontinued Posting to LinkedIn Profile and Facebook Profile Accounts in Company View
Subscribing to channels in company view and posting in company view with LinkedIn and Facebook profile accounts is discontinued. Please see help article here for details. You will still see these profile accounts in company view on the Social Accounts page so you can manage your connections for LinkedIn and Facebook pages and groups! We have also added a discontinued warning next to these profile accounts when viewing as company on the Social Accounts page.
Discontinued Show/Hide Profile In Company View
We removed the show and hide account options for Facebook profile and LinkedIn profile accounts that are company owned. These buttons controlled when profile accounts display when creating a post or subscribing to a channel in company view. This feature is unusable because of discontinued sharing for Facebook and LinkedIn profile accounts in company view.
Improved User Management
Added ability to delete team members on the User Management page when viewing as company! The email that was used in a deleted user account can be re-added under any company, but their data can not be reused.
Upgraded 3rd Party Social Authentication
Upgraded LinkedIn OAuth to OAuth v2.0 and implemented refresh tokens. This change allows us to refresh your expired authentication data with LinkedIn more frequently and makes things easier for you! This means less reconnects, as we will preemptively check when your LinkedIn accounts need re-authorizing and do so for you. More info about OAuth 2.0, https://oauth.net/2
Added a helper icon for posting to Facebook profiles
Posts now list chronologically on list view
Date and time issues when republishing delivered posts
Edit post content issues for posts that were rescheduled
The date picker value defaulted to "today”, not the current scheduled date for that post
Calendar load issues for the last 5 posts of the month
Schedule and social account deletion issues for deleted clients. We added data cleanup on client deletion!
Various site crashes
Data load issue in drop-down lists for channel and account options
NetSocial Bugfix Release 2.1.1 (3/9/2022)
- Fixed issue where users are not able to post to channels with an image.
- Fixed an issue where admins are not able to add users and edit permissions on existing users.
- Fixed an issue where the Manage Channels page would intermittently crash when loading all the channels.
NetSocial Release 2.1.0 (3/4/2022)
Important Deprecation Notices:
LinkedIn and Facebook: Posting to LinkedIn and Facebook profile accounts under company view is going away. This is to keep a separation of your personal accounts from company sharing. You can still post to pages and groups under company.
If you would like to connect your Facebook and/or LinkedIn profile account in personal view, navigate to the Social Accounts page and click "Add Account" and select Facebook/LinkedIn.
Social Accounts page link: https://app.netsocialapp.com/workspace/social-accounts
Add the accounts under personal view and then re-subscribe to any channels.
Instagram: We are completely getting rid of Instagram manual posting. A few releases ago (v2.0) we added sharing to Instagram Business accounts, which is automated with Facebook’s Instagram API. This change to automated Instagram posting will eliminate the extra work of having to open the Instagram app, but requires that your Instagram is a business account. Please see this article to connect your Instagram business account instead.
Fixed an issue where accounts defaulted to Twitter when editing drafts.
Users are now be able to open a post preview by hovering over the calendar event with their mouse.
The posting calendar now displays delivered post as well as upcoming posts.
Fixed some refresh issues.
Fixed our content checks when republishing successful deliveries.
Fixed an issue where users were able to post multiple images to Instagram accounts. Facebook's Instagram API does not allow multi-image posts at this time as well as our third party integration for Instagram manual posting (deprecation set for next NetSocial release, v2.2).
Channel management has been split into two separate modules for ease of use:
Subscription Management, for managing which accounts to share to and subscriptions.
Channel Management, for managing sharing preferences, content sources, category selection, name description and image.
Press the “Analyze” Button on the NetSocial Dashboard to access deeper analytics into your posting strategies and even export reports.
Fixed login authentication issues for newly created team members.
Added dismissible dashboard banner messages to alert NetSocial users of important news!
Added account label fix for Facebook group accounts. Some users were seeing their Facebook profile name displaying for Facebook groups instead of the group name.
We upgraded NetSocial from ionic 5 to ionic 6 which comes with some sleek now UI and a lot of goodies that we’ve already taken advantage of to make your NetSocial experience better including, better headers and footers for iOS scrolling, a new date-time component for selecting post times, and new material design for our select components. https://ionicframework.com/blog/announcing-ionic-6/
We did some housekeeping in our codebase which should theoretically reduce the amount of unhandled errors we come across.
NetSocial Release 2.0.1 (2/3/2022)
- When viewing the channel dashboard, channels will only appear in one section. (i.e. If you are subscribed to channel abc, it will not appear in your channels and available channels.)
- Users can now unsubscribe to channels and either keep their future posts from that channel but disassociated from the channel, or to delete future posts with the subscription. Admin users can now delete channels and either keep the future posts from that channel but disassociate them from. the channel, or to delete all future posts with the subscription.
- The manage posts page was not refreshing after a draft was published.
- Users were unable to add social media accounts when scheduling a saved draft.
- When users edit a post, they are shown the service they are requesting to edit, along with a button to view and edit the other services that are related to the post.
- "Launch in Instagram button” was not working properly.
- Height of the post dialog modal was twitchy.
- Text box would not size properly on initial load.
- Added a media check for Instagram manual posts scheduled into channels.
- Users were unable to edit their own posts unless they were an editor or an admin.
- Improved the accessibility of the add and edit user dialog in manage Users view for Admins.
- Fixed an issue related to the time zones.
- Fixed an issue where the mobile app would intermittently crash.
- Disabled the introduction tour on mobile because it was causing some crashes.
- Updated NetSocial’s error handling software.
NetSocial Release 2.0 (/1/17/2022)
- Added ability to connect Instagram business accounts within NetSocial (authentication via Facebook is required). See help center article for instructions on connecting Instagram business accounts.
- Added statistics (views and likes).
- Deprecation of manual-posting Instagram accounts
- Unable to create new manual-posting (unauthorized) Instagram accounts.
- You can still post to and edit existing manual-posting Instagram accounts. However, we recommend connecting your Instagram business accounts instead.
- Fix for calendar rendering issue that is slowing down NetSocial for some users.