Release 4.3.12 (12/10/2018)
Job Board Updates
- Where do your jobs go from the Haley job board? Great question! Login to myHaley and go to Job Boards > Settings > Syndication to find out! In this release, we've streamlined and simplified this interface so you can get info at a glance. Green means GO! Click on an individual feed to dig deeper and enable or disable the feed and to see the last pickup time.
- For our clients who use the Referral Management System add-on for the job board: More display enhancements this release! If you don't know what the Referral Management System is, contact our Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Release 4.3.11 (11/27/2018)
- We made some improvements to the general metadata for Job Boards and Talent Showcases - so it makes sense out of the box! If you want to customize what's displayed when you share the main page (as opposed to an individual job or talent), go to myHaley > Job Boards or Talent Showcase > Settings > Social Sharing. Find out more here: https://helpme.haleymarketing.com/hc/en-us/articles/209520946-4-9-Social-Sharing-Settings and here: https://helpme.haleymarketing.com/hc/en-us/articles/210978426-3-7-Talent-Showcase-Social-Sharing - Not using the Haley Job Board or Talent Showcase? Contact Success to find out how the metadata behind our products will benefit you!
- Rewrites to the search engine behind both the job board and talent showcase to make it better, and to recognize special characters in keywords, such as dashes. The rewrite should also resolve reported location search issues on Talent Showcase.
Job Board Updates
- eEmpACT-integrated Clients: Some recent changes to the sign up process caused some problems for our eEmpACT enTake form users who were using the "Login Required" option to prevent duplicate applications in eApprovals. We refined this process and candidates should be able to apply as expected. We'll reach out to those who had this previously enabled - if you're an eEmpACT client and want to find out how this can help, please contact our Success team (email@example.com or Create Ticket from our Help Center)!
- Save Performance Settings - When viewing performance in the Job Board ROI section, changing settings worked, but when saved, weren't saving. Made no sense! Now they are.
- Got a candidate who like to double, triple (or octuple) click on the submit button, causing multiple applications? We've made some changes to prevent multiple application submissions, even from those incessant clickers.
- Disabled Category Mailings Issue - Even though mailings were set as disabled, if a day is scheduled, it still went out. Resolved!
- If you've never set up a job board default owner in myHaley, it was causing some issues with job aggregators and getting applications - now it won't.
- GDPR acceptance on apply/signup - New option to add a question to the built-in application to comply with GDPR - rather than passive approval, candidates must check a box while signing up and applying to confirm their understanding of how their information will be used by your company. Contact Success for more info!
- Asking for permission is polite - and the right thing to do - but didn't make much sense when clients don't use the job board's sign up and mailing functionality. So we won't ask for permission to mail or text from your candidates if you have sign up options hidden.
But then again, why are you hiding the sign up feature? It is a great way to build a permission-based contact list, and allows your candidates to save searches and receive category mailings! Don't miss out on this low-effort, highly effective way to nurture your candidate database. To re-enable sign ups, contact our Success Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Country Issues - We normalize all the countries we support by converting them into the
2-digit abbreviation - But if you'd prefer to just display the country name, you will now have an option to display them in search as the full name to make it easier to search.
We also now support the country variable in social sharing metadata. Find out more here: https://helpme.haleymarketing.com/hc/en-us/articles/209520946-4-9-Social-Sharing-Settings and here: https://helpme.haleymarketing.com/hc/en-us/articles/210978426-3-7-Talent-Showcase-Social-Sharing
- When posting jobs with metacharacters, like m-dashes, in the title of the job, these characters were causing some ugliness in the job title and job posting URLs. This is fixed.
- For our clients who use the Referral Management System add-on for the job board: An issue with referral not displaying when trying to search is resolved - If you don't know what the Referral Management System is, contact our Success team at email@example.com to learn more!
- Improvements to the geolocate function on job board search.
- Added new login option - Login with Git. Don't know Git? Your tech hires will....
Talent Showcase Updates
- Location search issue on Talent Showcase - We did a rewrite of the searching for Talent Showcase and Job Boards to destroy some persistent bugs when searching by location.
- Enhanced social login/opt-in on Resource Centers - Social logins are now available on Resource Centers Opt In and Login screens. Don't see any options? Contact Success to get them turned on for you!
- eBook download leads - View a list of everyone who has downloaded an eBook sent in your monthly newsletters. Go to myhaley > Reports > HML Reports to view and download the list! Then use that list to follow up! Speak with your Marketing Adviser for ideas!
Release 4.3.10 (9/24/2018)
You didn't like some of the changes in our last release, so we made them better. Thank you for your feedback and patience!
Job Board Updates
- The Apply Button wasn't working... well, it is was, but it wasn't really obvious when the alternative apply options weren't also enabled. So, for our clients with 3rd-party integrations or only one type of apply option, there is just a single Apply Online button. For those who have multiple options, the drawer opens up and the candidate can choose from all the alternatives.
- Not only that, but at the bottom of the job description page, we now provide all the options for applying without sending the candidate back to the top of the page. These two options make applying for a job even simpler for your candidates, and in today's job market, every application counts!
- Candidate Password Reset now keeps the candidate logged in, making the experience much easier and faster to update profiles, apply, manage alerts, etc.
- "But I only need last week's applications, not all of them again." - No problem, you can download a 7-day application report and spend a lot less time in Excel.
- Need phone numbers on sign up? No worries! We added the option in to collect phone numbers and permission to text. If that phone number is required on the application, we make it required on sign up for you.
- When is an "&" really just supposed to be an "&"? When it's included in the job board XML feed URL in front of the rid parameter. Whoops - that might have impacted job board source reporting, but it's fixed now.
- We saw a potential issue with sponsoring jobs not being marked properly in our feeds to Indeed. We all know that Indeed will be only posting sponsored jobs after January, so that had to be checked and corrected. All good now.
- List downloads were missing some key phone or cell phone data, and opt-out dates. We've added this information so it's in the download now.
- Need to delete a team or recruiter bio picture? Apparently we never thought that would be needed. You could upload a new picture, but never delete one that existed. No worries, we added that capability in to myHaley for you.
Release 4.3.9 (9/13/2018)
Some big changes this time around for signing in and applying using the Haley Marketing Group job board - and much more!
Magic Logins are here!
So many passwords - so little time! There's a new feature on the Job Board and HaleyMail interfaces which makes signing in as easy as 1, 2, 3! Rather than using a password to login, your candidates can request a login link - this "magic" link is sent via email and will allow one-click sign in! Old-school passwords are still supported, though (jelly bracelets and bell bottoms not required)!
Job Board Updates
- The Haley Marketing Group built-in application has been improved - no more setting up a password, and the standard form is short and sweet - basic contact info, resume, and permission to email/text is requested. Don't like the new look? You can choose between a few options for desktop and mobile - instead of the new "standard", you can choose either "classic" which includes address, as well as asks "How did you hear...?" or "long" which requests work history and education. Update this in myHaley - Job Boards > Settings > Applications - or contact the Success Team for more information.
- Easier sign up form! - Signing up on the job board is easier than ever - basic contact info is collected, the candidate is magically signed in, and the welcome message requests that the candidate update their profile (and provides a link).
- Application thank you page updates - Since the information requested on the standard application mentioned above has been simplified, we added some dynamic questions to the thank you page to get a little more - add a zip code, select job categories for job alerts. Also, if you use other HMG products like Talent Showcase and HaleyMail, we've added calls to action on the thank you page to encourage newsletter signups and talent entries.
- Clients who use Haley Marketing applications and pre-qualification forms - We've added another field type - meaning, you can ask an open-ended question on your pre-qual using the "a free form question" option. Beware - this data is not stored in the candidate record in myHaley, nor is passed into Bullhorn or any third party API integrations. it is just provided in the application notification email sent when someone applies.
- General improvements to the layout and look of the search results page to make the pertinent information stand out and to improve usability for your site visitors! We've added search breadcrumbs to remind people how they got to where they are in an aesthetically pleasing way, refined the information to the most important stuff at a glance, organized apply options when Apply with Indeed, Monster, etc. are enabled.
- Streamlined job details page - The info is just easier to read, and easier to save searches based on the job!
- Sick of having to check the box on forms to prove you're human? No more checkbox, but Google reCaptcha is still watching out for you - if site visitors are suspicious (spambots, I am looking at you), the reCaptcha will pop open before the form can be submitted.
- Issues with uploading resumes using DropBox have been resolved.
myHaley Updates for Job Board Users
Not everything in this release is aimed at candidates - we made some improvements in the myHaley back end - just for you!
- When managing jobs, you can now filter by recruiter in myHaley.
- When viewing your category mailings, "View Category Mailings" should populate faster for clients with mucho categories.
- Cloning jobs issue resolved - we were allowing you to overwrite the existing job - now we actually clone it into a copy.
- Tried to create sub categories on jobs, and didn't find them when you went to post a job? You'll see them now! Don't see the option to add sub categories and you'd like to? Contact the Success Team to find out how!
- Want to share a category of jobs to social with a category-related image instead of your job board default sharing image? We've added support for this feature! Go to Manage Categories in myHaley to set this up! If you're not sure how to get a link for a specific category of jobs, contact the Success Team!
- More social logins coming soon!
- Protection added to prevent spamming on HaleyMail "Ask the Expert/Contact Us" forms.
- More accurate email newsletter click reports.
- We have had ongoing issues with applicant and lists exporting functionality. Improvements have been made to this feature - instead of trying to load everything on the page, you will receive an export via email.
Release 4.3.8 (6/27/2018)
MORE BIG NEWS! myHaley's dashboards have a new look and more information. Ever wonder what kind of return on investment you're getting from your Haley Marketing services? well, we've set out to prove our value because we want to keep your love!
- All New Website Performance Dashboard. The fastest way to see how your website is performing - site visitors, traffic sources, form submissions for the past week, month, quarter, or year all at a glance.
- All New Website SEO Dashboard. Google Analytics is a great way to see if your site is being found, but it can take a Mensa member to figure it out. So, we've brought the important details to you in our dashboard - visitors, keywords, inbound links and sources. And the best part...no math needed!
- Job Board Dashboard Overhaul. Now you know that the job board is working for you. View stats like number of visitors, job mailings sent, job views, apps, clicks, conversion rates, and cost per application. View individual job performance in the new Job Performance section! Application Source reports got a cool, new makeover too!
- HaleyMail Dashboard Updates. Ongoing marketing efforts can be easily taken for granted because they are working for your behind the scenes. We are making them easier to appreciate with lists, views, clicks and opens. Keep watching this space though, because HaleyMail's revamped“pillar” content marketing strategy will be showing up soon and the dashboard will be updated as that rolls out. HaleyMail's not just email, you know?
Job Board Featured Category Mailings Updates:
Last release we told you about our new features in Manage Categories and Featured Mailings - and since last release, we've been busy refining these sections to work better for you!
- We renamed it - Featured Mailings used to just send jobs that were marked "featured" - but this is no longer the case. You can still send featured jobs mailings, but you can now also send new jobs - so this section is now called "Category Mailings", which makes a ton more sense!
- We added more stats to the Category Mailings page (Category Mailing ROI) - now you can view, at a glance, how many candidates are on your lists, how many mailings have sent this week vs. last (and 30/90/365 day breakdowns), opens, clicks and more.
- Category Mailing Report has been refined to display only mailings that have been sent.
- View Category Mailings - This area lists all enabled category mailings, and allows you to send a single mailing NOW - or bulk select and send multiple category mailings NOW. (NOW = within 30 minutes.) You'll see the type of mailing (new jobs vs. featured jobs), as well as when it was last sent, how many candidates are on the list, and how many jobs are set to send the next time it goes out. And click on a category name to edit that category!
If you go to the Category Mailings section and don't see any mailings, have no fear - just enable them in the "Manage Categories" section for each category!
Other Job Board Fixes/Updates:
- More options for requesting resumes on our mobile application - we added an "Upload" feature for those who can upload from their devices - and gave you the ability to disable the option to upload with Google Drive and Dropbox.
- We squished a bug with Google Drive not authenticating when a resume is uploaded.
- Bullhorn clients - if seeing states spelled out AND abbreviated in the state search field was triggering your OCD to kick in, you weren't alone. Spelled out states are now all displayed as their abbreviations moving forward.
- Again - trying to maintain some consistency here - we had job app sources of job board and job-board - which were essentially the same thing - this is fixed, too!
- Franchise parents weren't displaying Recruiter Bios images from their children job boards - Bad parents! We straightened them out though, and they're behaving again!
- Referral Management System - Were you getting spam from your referral form? We showed this product some love and gave it a reCaptcha. Take that, spambots!
- We found a glitch (Isn't "bug" just so 20th century?) where some integrated job board clients lost their last job upload time - this has been unglitched.
Talent Showcase Updates
- An observant client noticed that a form field on the Candidate Entry Form in the Terms section was not populating. Thanks for the heads up!
- So there's a way to add candidates onto your HaleyMail lists one at at time. For some reason, it stopped working. Malfunction squelched (pulled out the thesaurus for that one).
- Big news for Great Ideas clients. We’ve just done a MAJOR redesign on the Client Resource Center as part of an even bigger restructuring of our HaleyMail services. The new redesign is part of a “pillar” content marketing strategy that will become the focus for our HaleyMail clients. Not using Great Ideas, don’t feel left out. We’re testing the new format and marketing concept right now, then we’ll roll out the same upgrades for everyone.
- For all clients, we’ve improved social sharing of Resource Center content, so it’s easier than ever to share your Staffing Resource Center and Candidate Resource Center content on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Release 4.3.7 (5/22/2018)
Job Board Updates
BIG NEWS: myHaley's Manage Categories and Featured Mailings sections of your job board just got some major love from our engineers! So many more options to make individual categories of jobs more customizable! And it's a ton easier to blast out new jobs to your job candidates!
Manage Categories New Settings Options:
- Social Sharing Image selection - Remember yesterday, when you could only have one sharing image for all the jobs you recruit for? Well, it's a new day - and now you can use different images for every category of jobs on your job board! Upload your own image, or use one from our convenient new library of images!
- Pre-qualification Forms - Set a specific form for a whole category of jobs.
- Applications - For jobs in individual job categories, set the application form to present when users are viewing jobs on a mobile device or on desktop. Require a resume for one category, but not another.
- Application Routing - Want to send all application notifications to one email address for a whole category of jobs? You can do it!
- Syndication Options for Specific Categories - Need to exclude a category of jobs from one of our syndicated job feeds? Now it is possible!
Featured Mailings Changes:
- The idea behind this release was to make Featured Mailings available to all clients, even if you can't mark a job as featured. So instead of just have the option to include jobs marked as featured in these mailings, you can now choose to include ANY NEW JOBS posted in the last week.
- NEW FEATURE ALERT - Customize email templates by category!
- ANOTHER NEW FEATURE ALERT - Preview your mailings onscreen before scheduling!
- THERE'S MORE? YES! - Why are candidates in California getting Featured Jobs Mailings for jobs in Alaska? Emails are now sent based on proximity, as long as a candidate profile includes zip code, making jobs sent more relevant to your candidates!
- Improved Reporting - See bounces, deliveries, views and clicks on individual category mailings.
Additional Job Board Changes:
- Added support for eRecruit-integrated job board clients specific to candidates sources and application sources. To enable application sources, please contact our Success team.
- Resolved bug relating to incorrect sources attributed to applications from Apply with Indeed and Apply with Monster.
- When contacts opted back into job board emails, the last change permission timestamp wasn't updating in the Contacts section, but it is now.
- Integrated clients were seeing incorrect country in myHaley job postings due to an issue with abbreviated countries - fixed!
- Job board welcome email updated to ensure job board default owner is pulled into the email body.
Talent Showcase/HaleyMail Updates:
- Our job board users can't have all the fun! Social Sharing image settings have been updated for Talent Showcase and HaleyMail users to include the option of using images from our library.
- The Team Profiles Plugin is a new product from Haley Marketing Group, which allows you to manage team members easily in MyHaley, then use the shortcode builder included with the plugin to display them on your WordPress site. Some of you may have seen some of the subpages of this section, even without the plugin enabled, which caused some confusion between "Users" and "Team Members". This has been resolved. For details about the Team Profiles Plugin, click here!
Release 4.3.6 (3/22/2018)
New Job Board Integrations!
- Recruitics - Want to know more about how your jobs are performing? Which are your top performers… and which need help? Thanks to our new partnership with Recruitics, we will be able to offer FREE Recruitics Analytics accounts to all our job board clients. Please note that Recruitics will be setting up all the accounts for us over the next couple of months, so please be patient as they get your account ready for you.
- Upward - Need more job applications? Try Upward.net! UpWard.net allows you to sponsor individual jobs on their website and network of advertising sites. Until recently, they were a wholesaler, only providing candidates to job boards. Now they are working directly with employers, and they may be able to delivery qualified candidates to you at a lower cost per click. With our new Upward integration, you can select the jobs you want to sponsor and set your budget for the job. Upward.net will take care of the rest! (Please note, you will have to setup an account with Upward.net prior to using the sponsored jobs feature in MyHaley).
- Sign up with Facebook and LinkedIn - Your candidates can now sign into your job board with their Facebook or LinkedIn information, which makes creating a job board account and applying easier than ever!
- Apply with Monster is here! - Make it even easier for your candidates to apply to jobs by adding Apply With Monster as an option on your job postings.
Please contact Haley Marketing's Success Team to enable all of these great new features! Not using Apply with Indeed yet? Ask us to enable it for you!
Job Board Updates
- Last release, we added a bunch of fields to your job posting screen. And we're sorry! We didn't intend to confuse you. These fields were added in anticipation of Google Jobs' future plans; data added to these fields is not displayed on your job board. So we moved the Google Jobs fields into their own section. Populating as many of these fields as you can is recommended for better inclusion on Google Jobs in the present, and in the future. We heard from many of you about this - so, we thank you for your feedback!
- Even more updates to Google Jobs schema on job postings to comply with existing recommendations from Google - and to get ready for what Google is implementing in the future.
- Bulk Edit on the Manage Jobs screen has been updated to make it easier to select all jobs without having to scroll all the way to the end of the job list.
- Don't want the zip code of a job displayed on your job posting on the Haley Marketing job board? You can now disable zip code from displaying on your website. (Data is still included in Google Jobs schema; More complete job information means better visibility on Google Jobs.)
- And speaking of zip codes, our Canadian clients can now change the label on the application Zip Code field to Postal Code.
- eEmpACT users can now see application method on job application notifications and when viewing applications in myHaley.
- Were you having trouble searching for applications from the Applications screen in myHaley? We updated the search to include all columns of data, including name, email, application source, method, category, job number and recruiter.
- Don't see the pre-qualifications questions and answers on your job board application notifications? Now you will!
- Resolved issue preventing zip code from passing into eRecruit candidate records when full address was not provided during application process.
- Support for custom FlashRecruit widget script within the Haley Marketing job board. If you're a current client of FlashRecruit, contact your rep for more info. If you'd like to learn more about how FlashRecruit works with the Haley Marketing job board, contact us!
- Improvements to the job board feed service to further streamline job board update processes for API-integrated job boards.
Talent Showcase Updates
- If your "Talent Entry Form" is displayed, talent can now use their Facebook or LinkedIn information to pre-fill information on the form.
- Want to share a great piece of content on your HaleyMail Staffing or Candidate Resource Centers? Now you can! Sharing buttons added to Resource Center articles.
- Your site visitors can now sign into your HaleyMail Resource Centers with their Facebook or LinkedIn information.
- myHaley candidate records now include data on the date and IP address of the last change in a candidate's permission to email settings.
Release 126.96.36.199-2 (2/15-2/16/2018)
- Resumes did not attach to application notifications nor upload to myHaley when submitted using Apply with Indeed and Apply with ZipRecruiter for a short period of time between 2/14/18 and 2/15/18. Resumes were made available in myHaley on 2/16 on candidate records.
- Candidates had issues logging in, and staying logged in, to some client job boards. We investigated and resolved this issue, which was related to a cookie conflict between Google Analytics Tracking and the ShareThis feature on the job board.
- We tracked down and fixed an issue saving Recruiter images for Recruiter Bios on the job board and Talent Showcase.
Release 4.3.5 (2/14/2018)
Job Board Updates
- Updates to Job Board Posting Form in myHaley and Google structured markup – Google continues to make enhancements and changes regarding the format and amount of data they recommend for Google Jobs schema. In this release, we’ve added some new fields to myHaley job postings as part of our roadmap for enhancing jobs for better inclusion in Google results. While this information is not currently published with the job, it is planned to at some point in a future release.
- Resolved issue with enTAKE forms and referral sources – We had always passed the appropriate referral sources with enTAKE forms – and then we didn’t. An unrelated bugfix broke this, but it has been fixed.
- OMG, you have a ton of applications! – Some of our clients were having issues with myHaley timing out when going to Job Boards>Applications to view and export the list of applications. We added pagination and removed the sort function to make this work better.
- Getting applications for closed jobs? – Job applications can hang around online for a while after being closed, depending on Google indexing and how long it takes third party aggregator sites to remove closed jobs from their search results. After this release, you still may see apps for closed jobs – we’re not changing that – but we’ll make it known to the applicant that although the job they saw may be closed, they can apply anyway.
- Searching in the Keyword field with a job ID and coming up short? In preparation for our Google search enhancements with the job board search, we’ve created a new field that you may use to search jobs by job ID in both the public, front end and in myHaley. Enable this feature by going to Job Boards>Searching and enabling “Display Search By Job Number”.
- Confused by opt-in notifications with an incorrect salutation? Our “Congratulations [insert name here]” wasn’t actually pulling from the default HaleyMail contact. But it is now!
Release 188.8.131.52 (1/2/2018)
Job Board/Talent Showcase Updates
- Improvements to the process of adding Recruiter Bio images! We're no longer using Gravatar.com to display your Recruiter Bios images - existing images were downloaded from Gravatar, so all previously entered images are now accessible within myHaley. Any new images, just go to myHaley and upload within the user profile. See these articles (Job Board / Talent Showcase) for more information.